Monday 21 July 2014

Alice In Wonderland - Its Always Time for Tea!

Oooo gosh... I'm late... I'm late is just one of the many phrases and sayings that has inspired my passion for all things Alice In Wonderland.

As a Child it is something I remember reading fondly along with The Hobbit and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe! I was forever being told off for daydreaming and not concentrating on the lesson in hand! But you see I have always had a creative mind, always taking me off to magical places and a dreamworlds where anythings possible.

My passion of all things magical continued into adult hood where my thirst and need to be creative just grew and grew. I love the storybooks of yester year and loved reading to my son when he was a child. Reading to my son every night was the most favorite part of the day, as was it his... my son being a child with dyslexia and having a book read on a daily basis was a great help to his academic development.

So with such a long love affair with the magical story telling and imagery around, it was only going to be a matter of time that I would create Alice inspired fully felted creations.

Time for TEA is probably my most favorite saying out of all the Alice phrases, I think mainly because I am a tea-aholic! There Iv'e said it and also coming from a very long line of Welsh ancestors... tea was always what solved every problem, every thirst and every celebration. There would always be a pot of tea on at my Grandma's and Great Grandma's house and it was always served from a pot and in china tea cups. Some would say that its a very British thing, for me its always been a very Welsh thing!

So inspired by this magical book and all her characters, I have created my own nod to Alice, I hope that she and her author would be proud of these interpretations... and so now there's only one thing left to do!

Lets fill the pot!




Thank you for taking the time to visit Tigerlily Makes The Felt-making Blog All content and design work, including text, photos, etc are © copyright 2014 Lisa Marie Olson owner of Tigerlily Makes (unless otherwise stated and named whereby copyright resides with said named person)and cannot be copied without prior permission from the copyright owner. Tigerlily Makes is a member of ACID (Anti Copying in Design and all designs are registered and protected. www.acid.uk.com www.tigerlilymakes.co.uk www.facebook.com/tigerlilymakes www.twitter.com/tigerlilymakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to make your lovely comments :)